Minor adaptations are classed as items of work costing less than £1,000 that provide low level adaptations to your home.
They can be provided to any resident of the Cheshire West and Chester Borough following an assessment undertaken by either health or social care staff acting on behalf of the Council and are available to both owner-occupiers and tenants of private landlords.
- Fitting handrails, stair-rails and grab-rails
- Half steps
- Fitting floor-fixed toilet frame
- Wall to floor rails
- Re-hanging or widening of internal door
- Installation of an electrical plug socket
- Fitting of lever taps
- Fitting of wall mounted equipment (shower seat)
- Joinery to fit a door release system
- Installation of fluorescent lighting